photo 03a604677d47a570f6341f8afe5df60e_zps71d51070.png  photo twitter_zps299c6d16.png  photo facebook_zpsdad42964.png  photo instagram_zps643fd0d7.png

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Twist Out ?!?

So, the bantu knot out that I was previously doing on my hair didn't last very long and since I wake up early for work every morning, I need a style that is very low maintenance. That's why I decided to try a twist out. Plus, I was in need of a change... 

The Process

Below you can check out my favorite natural YouTuber "donedo5" complete a tutorial for this hairstyle!! Make sure you subscribe to her channel! She always makes awesome videos & gives great advice. 

<


CHECK OUT MY NEW GROWTH!!
Before I even attempted to do the style I detangled my hair and twisted each piece to move it out of the way while I was detangling the rest of my head. Afterwards, I co-washed it with the Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner. 
This is what the hairstyle looked like after I flat twisted my hair and placed it in the perm rods which I bought for 99 cents at my local beauty supply store. :) 
 This is what the curls looked like the next morning after I removed the rollers. The flat twists are still in my head. I used argan oil to moisturize each curl and to prevent my hair from drying out mid-week.
The finished result!!! I love the way that it turned out. Personally, I think this style is way easier than bantu knots! Hopefully it lasts for a while & I think the overnight results are going to make it look even better. It'll have the more carefree and effortless kind of feel.



No comments:

Post a Comment