photo 03a604677d47a570f6341f8afe5df60e_zps71d51070.png  photo twitter_zps299c6d16.png  photo facebook_zpsdad42964.png  photo instagram_zps643fd0d7.png

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Marley Twists


When I first started the twist it was extremely difficult. The twists weren't looking anything like donedo5's so I became extremely discouraged. However, after some motivation, I decided to keep going & I'm extremely happy that I did. I ♥ them. Once you get the hang of twisting the hair, the whole process becomes a lot easier and faster. All in all, it probably took me about 5 hours to finish the style (it could be done quicker if you do it in one sitting, I took numerous breaks ;). 



I tried to follow donedo5's video to a T. However, here are some things that I changed up to fit my head & style.

♥ Used only 1 piece of marley hair for the bottom row of my hair for skinnier twists
♥ Used 2 pieces of marley hair mainly in the front of my head for the pretty thick look
♥ Unlike donedo5, I did not separate or thicken each strand of marley hair, when I did the twists came out without any definition & did not look like twists at all
♥ Only used the Eco Styler Gel to twist my hair (but I still have a few strays/ fly aways in a few twists)
♥ I parted my hair into for sections, deciding for my swoop bang to go to the left. 
♥ I did not dip the end in a pot of hot water to seal the ends, instead I securely twisted each strand all the way to the very bottom
♥ I bought 4 packs, but only used 3 & 1/2 packs (I have a lot of hair left over)
♥ When twisting my hair, I did not worry about twisting clockwise or counter clockwise after I realized that it doesn't really matter which direction you twist the strand in as long as the twist is secure
♥ Make sure the twists are really tight, you don't want them to fall out with a little tug (a few of them did for me if I pulled at them, meaning they were too loose.)
♥ IMPORTANT: If you start the twist with a strong hand, finish with a strong hand. If you ease up on your grip, the twist will have "bubbles" (irregular pieces on the twist that don't look like the rest of the twist, a bump in the road). I had to re-do so many twists because I kept forming bubbles that through off the entire twists
♥ When you get to the end of the twist, pull the twist or stretch it before you let go to prevent shrinkage and bubbles or chunkish. 




Overall, this was a really fun style. Next, I'm going to try crochet braids. I only plan to keep this protective style in for a month. September 7th, it's coming out!!! Maybe you guys could start expecting some videos soon. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment