photo 03a604677d47a570f6341f8afe5df60e_zps71d51070.png  photo twitter_zps299c6d16.png  photo facebook_zpsdad42964.png  photo instagram_zps643fd0d7.png

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Update:
  
I recently purchased biotin! The brand is Spring Valley & I purchased it at my local Wal-Mart for $4.98. 
Each soft-gel contains 5000 mcg of biotin. Biotin is know for promoting the health of skin, hair, and nails by nourishing the cells throughout the body. I've decided to take 2 pills a day after meals. 



To be honest, I've never really been good with taking pills & vitamins but I'm hoping that I can stick to this goal that I've made for myself. You see, the only reason I'm taking biotin is so that my hair will become stronger which will make it less prone to breakage and more prone to retaining length. 

So here's my master plan:

  • Take biotin 2x a day for 6 months ending in January. During the entire duration of this time, I will have my hair in braids/twists. (I'm hoping that the braids will also help me retain length and it will be a low-maintenance style that won't require tons of manipulation.) 
  • Drink plenty of water. Before I head off to school in the fall, I plan to invest in a water bottle. Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin. This means that I need to increase my water intake for the pills to actually dissolve in my body. Water in this case is acting as my solvent.
Previously, I was just going to invest in Hair Finity but I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews about it. Plus, for a college student with no job, the price seemed a little bit too much. I'm hoping to see the same results, if not better ones, from my pills I bought at Wal-Mart. $24.00 compared to $5.00.... you catch my drift? Besides Hair Finity is only supposed to last you a month. My Biotin has 120 softgels which should last me 60 days. This is equivalent to about 2 months. I will only need to restock twice during these next 6 months versus 5 times. The price difference is $110. Thus, I'm excited to see what my hair can do with a little push and rest. 

I planned to called this my 6 Month Challenge... I really just need to stay committed, focused, and optimistic for this to work. 

*** Quick note: If you buy the biotin online from Wal-Mart's website, it's only $3.99! That's $1.00 off, but you still have to worry about shipping. 

& Sorry I've been gone, but I'm back. & I'm coming back stronger than ever because I realize that this is the time to seize opportunities and actually DO that things I've been dreaming about! & I might be changing the name of this blog?? We'll see....

-KG♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment